Friday, April 9, 2010

Complaints about the Noise on Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur


It had to happen,I mentioned a while back that nearby residents were getting a bit fed-up with the noise,especially after midnight.
Click on the title above to read a report from "The Star" 8/4/10
I have to say I have some sympathy for the residents as we have all noticed that the street is louder,more brash and is getting bit too intense and "full-on".
And,the later it gets,the more intense it gets.
There is a construction site behind me at the moment and when they work outside permitted hours I get really pissed-off and have resorted to complaining to City Hall and to the press ,so yeah I know how they feel.

I heard in the past that the culprits were Reggae Bar, Twenty One and sometimes upstairs at Havana when they have a band but maybe it's just a cumulative effect of all the nightspots.
I know a guy who lives two streets behind and he says that the thumping bass and car horns can be very,very annoying.
There are loads of car parks at the top and bottom of the street but the jockey parking is "allowed" to almost block one side of the street-and I hear that there can be a few fights after closing-time as the Bouncers let-off a bit of steam and the last remaining drunks get a bit tired and ratty.
If they're not careful,many outlets will find that their operating licences will not be renewed and what happened in Bangsar will happen on Changkat Bukit Bintang.

No comments:

Post a Comment