Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fire at Reggae Bar Changkat Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur

A fire broke out at Reggae Bar,Changkat Bukit Bintang early Saturday morning 7th August.
I understand that it started behind the bar due to an electrical wiring problem and spread rapidly,destroying the bar counter,most of the ceiling and the upstairs dining area.
No one was injured.
Rumours that they were playing Bob Marley's "Catch-a-Fire" are unfounded.
Seriously though,although the bar isn't one of my favourites,you gotta feel sorry for them and for the staff.
It is expected to re-open in about 2 weeks-so that probably means about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment